Sunday, October 7, 2007

#2 It can't be 2 weeks!

I've always been so used to being able to just hop on the Internet at home at anytime. If I logged on with the home office computer downstairs it bumped the kids off their connection on the laptop upstairs! Now I am on dial-up 70kms from home and if anyone is on the broadband account I can't even log on. It's like going back to the dark ages. Consequently I put off doing any personal Internet stuff until I head back to Melbourne. But my window of opportunity is only a couple of hours on a Sunday night - hence the two weeks.

Work is so full on that even getting to my email is a challenge let alone finding time in the day to "play" with these new technologies. Tight controls on the Shire's network mean we have to book on to the public PCs which is a pain. But... I need to stop making excuses and actually do something don't I?

No comments: